Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 23, 2009

    98SG Hostel

    98SG

    Category:Hostel

    Location:Very close to Aljunied MRT station.Turn left at the entrance of the station,and walk ahead to shophouses ,the corner of the shophouse is this hostel.Its a bit difficult to find it. Sign is too small to find.I asked staff at restaurant just 20~25 metres away from the hostel entrance where the hostel is,but they said"I dont know"...Later, I find it just so close..


    より大きな地図で 98SG を表示

    Accessibility:Aljunied MRT station

    Room Type:Dorm,twin room(shared bathroom)

    Rates:S$75 for twin room a night

    Room Facilities:Double-deck beds,aircon,window,desk

    Amenities:sheets,two pillows,blanket

    Hotel Facilities:shared showers,kitchen,etc

    Cleanliness:Really very clean for inside the hostel,but the building (outside look)looks very aging.But once I stepped in the hostel, everything was shining clean.

    Shower:3?or 4 shower booths,some of which got toilet with.Shower pressure is no problem,but I couldnt lock key of one of them,so someone tried to come in when Im doing my business!

    Internet:Wifi seems available cuz I saw some people were using it ,but I didnt use it myself..

    Around th hotel:Some restaurants,Aljunied station

    Good Comments:*Very clean and affordable
    *Very close to Aljunied MRT station,1~2 mins on foot.
    *Easy to go to and from the airport by MRT.
    *Easy to take taxi even middle of the night(I had a taxi frm there to the airport at 3am)

    Negative Comments:*Reception is not open for 24 hours actually.(or at least at the time I stayed).I wanted to check out the room middle of the night around 3am to catch an early morning flight,but a staff said its not possible.But she suggested me I check out the room 10 pm before the day(return the room key and get back my deposit),then I just stayed at the room over the night until 3am next morning when I left the hostel. Actually I wanted to come back to the hostel late at night(midnight),but she said 1opm is time to go bed for her..So I asked if 10pm can be changed to 11pm.She said its ok.(If you are not checking out in such early morning,you can come back to your room anytime 24 hours,No curfew)
    *The hostel is located in 1st and 2nd floor without lift.
    *Noise was very easy to travel over walls,so I had to be very quiet at night.
    *Too close to MRT station to hear station announcement such as "To all passengers~""Train is arriving" and train running sound..I think its disturbing in the morning for sensitive people.

    Overall:Its a very nice hostel with great accessibility, reasonable rate and clean rooms. Strongly recommended.









    ↑View from the window of the room I stayed,very close to the station.


    ↑My room.Double-deck beds,very clean and comfortable.but the beds sound when you turn your body on the bed..

    Website

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin