Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, May 22, 2009

    Tune Hotel,Kota Kinabalu

    [Tune Hotel,Kota Kinabalu]

    Category:Budget ~ bussiness~leisure

    Location:It's integrated with 1Borneo.

    Access:I took a taxi from Josselton ferry terminal to the hotel at Rm20,but maybe you can bargain more?Alternatively,there are free shuttle buses provided by 1Borneo shopping mall from Wawasan Square.Get (free)bus tickets at the booth. The buses are running on schedule.You can walk from bus stop inside 1Borneo down to the hotel entrance.

    Room type:single,double

    Price:*As you know,Tune Hotel offer different rates depending on when u book rooms.
    *I stayed at double room at RM295 including 2 packages of 12 hours aircon for 7 nights.(23 dec~30dec)

    Room Facilities:Aircon,Flat TV,in-room wifi,towels(cost),hungers,Table,shower booth,toilet with hose(free)

    Hotel facilities:7-Eleven ,Gloria Jeans Coffee ,Nelson's Cafe(actually u can step in 1Borneo anytime),Travel agent desk

    Cleanliness:VERY CLEAN! No complaining about cleanliness

    Shower:Very good water pressure and nice hot shower

    Around the hotel:*1Borneo!*Across the busy road in front of !Borneo,there are new shophouses.There are some restaurants and a dobi(loundry store,) and some others.
    *There is a travel informatoin near the hotel,inside 1Borneo,where you can ask for renting a car.I rented Myvi..

    Good Comments:*Very convenient to access 1Borneo.If you just tired of shopping, you can simply go back to your room and rest and go back to shopping.
    *Free shuttle buses from 1Borneo to city centre are provided,which can save taxi fare.
    *Some rooms(I think rooms located at the edge of the building) are larger than the other rooms.I stayed at one of those rooms.
    *Once again,very clean!
    *Aircon in my room seems not counting how long I used it...I paid for 24 hours only,,but I used aircon at least more than that..
    *staff at reception are very nice and polite.

    Bad Comments:*Location of 1Borneo where Tune Hotel is just with is far from the city centre and the airport.
    *No coin loundry at the time I stayed,so I had to go across the busy road with my dirty clothes to a dobi ,one of shophouses..
    *a staff at the travel agent desk seemed to me that they are not so interested in catching potential customers..
    *I think car parks tend to be very packed on weekends..and traffic jam leading to 1Borneo.

    website: http://www.tunehotels.com/SabahKK_Room.aspx










    より大きな地図で Tune Hotel@1Borneo,Kota Kinabalu を表示


    Very nice bed,very comfortable!

    very clean with a hose.


    a flat TV

    This room is larger than the others

    water pressure is good and hot shower available

    view from the window from my room.one of shopphouses is a dobi.

    another angle of view from room I stayed at





    Does it really count how long I used aircon?but lucky they let me use the aircon more than I paid..


    Lobby and travel agent desk at right side

    7/11

    advertisement in room

    reception 24 hours





    Gloria Jean's Coffe,ladys' day wednesday?(sorry i forgot)


    Dobi is just there!the restaurant beside the dobi was nice,I had megie goreng

    Dobi operation hours

    Price list of dobi,too blur to see..

    4 comments:

    1. Hi, I'm planned to stay at this hotel on my visit to KK soon. Do they have room for 3 person?Or is the double room enough for 3 people stay?

      Thanks/Zura

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi,thank u very much for the comment/question.
      Sadly ,I dont think they have a room for 3 persons.
      But the room I stayed (the corner room which is larger than the others),I guess, good enough for 3 persons(they have double bed rooms only thou) unless you 3 are big macho guys.You can request them to have the bigger room on the corner when check-in.If you are lucky, can get it.
      However, I am not sure if they limit number of guests to one room(this tends to ignore in Malaysia anyway).
      If you are not lucky to get the larger room, maybe staying at normal room is a bit cramped.
      The best bet is to have 2 rooms :)
      Have a good and memorable trip to KK!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Tune Hotel is a budget hotel (2 star), clean and safe! But it has only 1 type of bed- Queen size bed, which can only accomodate a maximum of 2 persons. Book early to avoid paying high price. Courtyard hotel (next to it) is a 3 star hotel which can be settled at RM130+/night.

      ReplyDelete
    4. hi there...

      just need to know...that the bathroom, attached to the bedroom or separately...?

      thanks ^__^

      wanz

      ReplyDelete

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin